Monday, June 28, 2010

Shell earrings

I just posted these fun shell earrings in my etsy shop! I made them by forming the copper into the shell-like shapes, then dipping them in white liqid enamel, and firing them in the kiln. I then sifted transparent mint green enamel over the white.

Click here to see them in my shop!









The copper disks with the faux pearls were riveted into a bead, and attached with wire.





I have one more necklace that I will be listing in my etsy shop in the next couple of days, and then I need to get back into the studio to start making more! I'm going crazy not being able to work on anything right now. I don't have access to a studio until I move. Only one more week!


Over the weekend I went tubing down the Salt River with my boyfriend, my parents, and my mom's friend. It was a lot of fun! Most of it was relaxing, but there were a couple of moments when things got a little harrowing. The water wasn't too deep, but the water current was still really strong. We lost a few clothing items, but nothing too important. We also saw a wild horse run by the river! I don't know why I hadn't gone tubing before! It's a great summer activity in Arizona. The water was really cold, but the hot sun keeps you warm enough that it never gets uncomfortable. I definitely want to go back again.


No comments:

Post a Comment