Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Terrain

This piece is titled "Terrain" and is a neckpiece I finished awhile ago, but finally photographed. The layers and line work in the piece are inspired by geological sediment layers, while the shapes and colors in the enamel are reminicent of microscopic organisms. A lot of my work lately has been about miscroscopic images, with the idea of taking a closer look at the world around us.

The neckpiece is made of copper, brass, silver, cloisonne enamel and peridots.





I also have a bit of exciting news! One of my enamel pieces was accepted into the International Juried Student Exhibition in conjuction with The Enamelist Society Conference. It is a traveling exhibition that will show on the following schedule:

September 9 - October 29, 2011 at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, TN
November 14, 2011 to January 13, 2012 at the Knoxville Museum of Art, Knoxville, TN
February 6 to March 23, 2012 at the Metals Museum, Memphis, TN

Here is the brooch that will be exhibited in the show:



And......
I recieved a scholarship to attend the conference and a workhop at Arrowmont!!! I am so excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment