Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tucson Botanical Gardens

I went to the Tucson Botanical Gardens for the first time this weekend with my sister, and it was really pretty and very relaxing to spend the day there! It made me really get in the mood to pot some new plants in my little garden on my patio. There was a special feature they had on Wicked plants, which was pretty interesting. They were scattered throughout the gardens, and were "wicked" for different reasons, such as the venus fly traps that eat insects, hot peppers that are really spicy, or different plants that are poisonous to animals or humans.










There was also the Butterfly Magic show going on, where they had an enclosed area with tons of butterflies. They were all over, and would land on people, but not long enough for me to get a photo. :) There were many interesting looking ones that I was able to get images of though:







 






I hope everyone had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment